Some of the signatures found on the walls of The Warren House have been identified and researched. If you have more information on these soldiers, please contact us and let us know.
Born: November 12, 1841, Hanover, Germany
Enlisted: October 6, 1862, Private, Hamilton, Ohio, 21 years old
- Company E, 6th Regiment, Ohio Infantry
Discharged: August 4, 1863, Private, Cincinnati, Ohio
Died: January 8, 1922, 4547 South First Street, Louisville, KY
Smith, Oscar F.
Born: No record in case
Enlisted: February 21, 1864, Private, Chattanooga, Tennessee for 3 years
- Company F, 69th Regiment, Ohio Infantry
Died: June 30, 1865, 1st Sergeant, at Grafton, WV of injuries received June 11, 1865, at Webster, near Grafton, while riding on a Baltimore and Ohio train with his regiment going home to be mustered out of service. His commission as 1st Lt. of his company was pending at the time of his death.
Thompson, Danforth B.
Born: October 17, 1842, Butler County, Ohio
Enlisted: October 23, 1861, Private, Butler County, Ohio
- Company D, 69th Regiment, Ohio Infantry
- January & February 1864, transferred to Company C, same regiment and afterwards was again transferred to Field & Staff, as Principal Musician.
- February 5, 1865, appointed 1st Sergeant
- June 15, 1865, resigned to accept promotion to 1st Lt. C, 69th Ohio
- Wounded slightly in action at Atlanta, GA
Discharged: July 17, 1865, 1st Lt.
Died: March 15, 1924, Hamilton, Ohio